In an hour we leave for the hospital for an evaluation. If the baby is in position they are going to start the first phase of induction which is cervical softening. I am really uncertain about being induced, but as a friend said, "It doesn't matter how the baby gets here just that it's healthy." While I agree, I can't help but feel a little bit pushed and anxious.
Jason and I are both excited to meet our wee one which is why we have opted to go in at all. My doctor will not let us go beyond 41 weeks and since she is leaving town on vacation Tuesday we have decided to proceed with an induction if the baby is ready. I am not a fan of induced deliveries which is probably the source of my uneasiness. Well that and the fear of intense pain and hunger (they will not let you eat after 10am the day of the induction which means going over 24 hours without food). Let me just say that I am NOT at my best when I'm hungry.
Please keep us in your prayers and let's hope that I go into labor on my own tonight without the need for pitocin.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
When they put that precious bundle in your arms you will forget all about how he/she got there. Your first delivery is frightening because you have no idea what to expect. Just imagine severe menstrual cramps! And, don't feel like you failed if you have to use drugs to make it through. I am all for the use of drugs in a delivery... I arrived at the hospital and asked how soon I could get them! LOL!
We can hardly wait!
Love you guys! You are in our prayers!
And, don't hesitate to call if you need us for anything!
Post a Comment