I never realized how much I would miss sleep until I wasn't getting any. ha ha I guess it's true about the last trimester of pregnancy preparing you for parenthood.
I had my follow up appointment with my OB today and was happily greeted with a 23 pound weight loss. I must have passed the post partum depression test because I wasn't committed or drugged upon entry or exit. :-)
I got admonished for not taking it as easy as I should be but I have to say that compared to my usual level of activity I'm taking it VERY easy. My incision is healing well from what they can tell and I have almost completely weened myself off the hardcore prescription pain meds. I was referred to a lactation consultant by the nurse practitioner because she felt that I would get tired of pumping all the time but honestly it is not that bad. I tried every product on the market to ease my discomfort and help Derek to breastfeed better but to no avail and it got to the point where I was dreading each feeding. The hospital I delivered at had excellent lactation support and I think part of the problem was that he was drugged from the c-section and then drugged by my pain meds which made him impossible to wake enough to breastfeed successfully. All I know is that where it was taking over an hour to feed him it now only takes 30 minutes and that is priceless at two in the morning. Regardless, I'm just happy that he is getting breast milk.
Derek's clogged tear duct seems to be cleared up and he weighed 9 pounds at his doctor's appointment on Monday. Our wee one is growing. He currently likes hanging out in his bouncy seat and hearing the "Thumbkin" song. Jason and I adore him and while we miss getting sleep in five hour stretches we love every moment we have with him.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment