This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Only A Few More Appointments To Go

Another weekly OB appointment and another internal exam. YUCK! I hate those things. My extreme discomfort yielded the following information though, still 1 cm and 50% effaced. Almost doesn't seem worth it.

Everyone keeps asking me what the doctor is saying about delivery and to your extreme surprise I'm sure, she is saying nothing. The baby's heart rate is good. (140s yesterday) and my belly grew another centimeter (which puts us at 38). The doctor says we are progressing well and she'll see me next week. Since next Wednesday is my due date, I feel pretty confident that after another fun internal exam (wee!) we'll discuss our options. Only 5 % of women actually deliver on their due date and most first pregnancies actually deliver after so it's any one's guess.

I am having a mildly difficult time being away from work. Luckily Jason has been working from home so I'm not going completely stir crazy. I have started taking naps during the afternoon which I previously thought was impossible and working on little random nesting projects each day. Pam is coming over today to help me get stuff organized in the kitchen and after that there is sadly not much else to prepare. I do not have the energy or the inclination to venture out much so I'm going to have to take up knitting or something to fill the hours. As a matter of fact, a cross stitch sounds like a good idea.,,did I just say that?

No comments:

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker