This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 7, 2008

Last Appointment?

Another Monday, another visit to the OB/Gyn. Since Wednesday is our due date I was curious about what new additions might be added to my routine exam...would I get a sonogram or be strapped up to a fetal monitor. The answer to that is no.

* The baby's heart rate was in the 120s
* My belly measured a respectable 40 centimeters
* My weight gain is with the 26-27 pound range and my blood pressure is good.

I did have another lovely internal exam and I am still spotting a little, but my hope is that maybe the agitation will start the labor process so induction isn't necessary. It is my doctor's policy to not let me go past 41 weeks. (next Wednesday) There are a number of reasons for this, the most important being the endurance of the placenta. My doctor will be going out of town next week so I am left with the decision of being induced this week so my regular doctor can deliver or wait four more days and have the other doctor in her practice do the honors. I am in a quandary about what the best option is. I very much wanted to attempt a drug free birth plan and while I know that things can change I can't help but feel a little bit cheated. The chance of c-section when induced is also a concern of mine.

So what am I doing now? I'm walking around as much as I can and giving the baby lots of motivational pep talks. Please pray for us that we go into labor unassisted by Thursday.

1 comment:

The Summers Family said...

Hope you are feeling better and that the baby is ready to join us out here in the big world very soon! :-)

Can't wait to meet him/her!

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker