This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 10, 2008

Ah...Progress

This was an all consuming baby weekend.

On Saturday I attended a friends baby shower in Frisco and then Jason and I were off to visit new parents Dawn & Eric. I could just snoodle with David Edward all day. I feel pretty confident saying that he's going to be a feisty one. Poor Eric had to go back to work today and I know leaving his family this morning was hard for him. We are thinking about you guys.

On Sunday we babysat our God-daughter. She is such a cutie. I feel just terrible that I have not spent more time with her and I know once we have a child it will be more fun for her when she comes to visit because we will have toys around. Even though she likes the remote and computer keyboard, it's just not the same as having cool/colorful things to play with.

I do not think my friend Michelle reads this blog but she deserves a big thank you for all the advice and help she supplied at Home Depot on Sunday. We were able to score two gallons of Behr "oops" paint for $10 and are getting free primer too. We plan to finish taping off the border and red portion of the wall this week and on Sunday start in with the primer. In an effort to save Jason some work we are trying to leave the top portion of the room the same color but I fear it might be a bit dark. We shall see.

Both myself and wee Rieger checked out okay at our doctor's appointment this morning. The wee ones heart rate was in the 150s and I have not gained any more weight since my Nephrologist appointment. Woohoo! Our next appointment will include a glucose test for Gestational Diabetes. It will also be the first month of our third trimester.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Aha!! The elusive Michelle DOES read ye olde blog from time to time (when she's not sniffing paint fumes at Home Depot or slaving over a hot keyboard in Hell..oops I mean my day job). Anyway, glad I could help with the nursery stuff. It's not quite the baby gift I planned, but one day you can tell your ankle biter that "aunt Michelle" provided primer and oops paint to welcome him/her into this crazy world.

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker