On Saturday I ventured out with a group of ladies to partake of some culture...and by culture I mean mimosas and the musical Mamma Mia. I only had one mimosa, but after not drinking so long it was a REALLY good mimosa.
As for Mamma Mia, can I just say that I love Abba. What fun. It really took me back to the days when my girlfriends (Dawn & Sarah) and I would go on a road trip and we would sing the whole way to our destination. What is scary is that I have a VHS tape to prove it. While I was unimpressed with the young lead in the play, the actress that played Donna was phenomenal. She actually reminded me of my Aunt Sandy.
Something else that it made me think about was how hard it is to get myself psyched up to go out these days. I think most people feel this way as they get older. The thought of a parking fiasco, dealing with crowds and traffic is enough to keep us at home, safe in our house shoes. However, once we commit and actually get out, we have a great time.
I look forward to creating new memories with my friends and their kids. It might be a while before we are all in a rented RV singing Dancing Queen, but for the meantime "C" is for cookie will have to suffice.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment