I had set aside this weekend to have Jason help me finish up the nursery. We cleaned out the closet (by clean I mean we moved everything out of the nursery closet into the music room to be dealt with later) and attempted to put up the shelves we had previously purchased. There were 6 boxes of shelves. 4 large and 2 medium. Upon opening the first three large boxes, I discovered that the shelves were damaged. I opened the last box and huzzah it was in good shape, but not the color specified on the box. The medium shelves didn't fare much better as one was damaged and the other was missing the screws to hang it. No problem, my nursery vision has not been compromised but it did make me lament a time where items were built to last. Guess those Indonesian sweat shops making shelves for Bed Bath & Beyond didn't get that memo. If the cheap shelf cost $30, I wonder what a well made one is going to cost.
So with the closet done and the shelving project temporarily on the shelf, we move on to a crib update. When I called last week to see when they would be out to replace the side piece I was informed that the replacement piece was damaged when it arrived. (I'm beginning to see a theme here) Again, no worries as the baby will not be sleeping in the crib immediately anyway.
I keep reading that this is the worst trimester for mood swings and so far I am happy to report that none of the little mishaps I mentioned above has phased me in the least. In the big scheme of things nothing matters more to me than the health of this baby. Speaking of Baby Rieger, that's a good segue into my OB appointment this morning.
* Belly grew another centimeter from our last appointment (feels like more)
* Total weight gain 18.8 pounds
* Fetal heartrate in the 130s
The wee one's movements are growing more frequent and much stronger. I got kicked in the ribs during yoga, which I am opting to think of as the baby participating rather than complaining. I just have to say (again) that Yoga is wonderful. It is tough at times but I feel so much better having done it. Will it help during delivery? Only time will tell but my flexibilty and breathing has been much improved.
I started downloading and compiling a L&D playist for the hospital. I'm not so sure it will help soothe me but if nothing else it will drown out the screams of pain. haha j/k....I hope.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment