This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Baby Shower

My girlfriends: Meredith, Sarah, Dawn and Katie threw a Baby Shower for us this past Saturday and I have to say that it was nothing short of gorgeous. Thank you again girls for putting together such a classy and creative party. We ate, Dawn drank, and all were merry. ha ha

The shower opened with wonderful munchies then on to the gifting. Everyone was so generous and it is greatly appreciated. Cake was served (if you weren't there you missed out on the best cake) and then we painted onsies for Baby Rieger. I was so impressed with how creative everyone was. After Katie's daughter, Hannah kicked my butt at a few rounds of Break the Ice we headed home.

It was so humid on Saturday I got my first taste of what's its like to be pregnant when it's hot outside and I wish I had worn a tank top and shorts to the shower. ha ha With family in town and Mother's Day on Sunday, my weekend was full and my body let me know by late Sunday afternoon that I am not allowed to overbook myself anymore during this pregnancy.

And now what you really came here for...the pictures. (The nursery is almost complete so I will post pictures of that very soon)

Safari Diaper Cake
(I loved it so much it's now a decoration in the nursery)
Don't you just love the zebra tablecloths?
You can't see it but there are even little monkeys in the flower pots

Sarah, Katie, Dawn Michelle & Ally (and part of Michelle)


Katie, Dawn, Ally, Michelle, Kerri, Heather, Baby K
Grandma, & Catherine

None other than Aunt Darla's Onsie Contribution

More onsie creations

Dawn Michelle working her Spanish Voodoo to ascertain the
sex of the baby (which she's not sharing)


Another gorgeous creation...the Diaper Wreath The spread...Let me just say that this is the best cake ever.
Katrena, Dawn Michelle and Sarah
The gifting begins...

Meredith's Handmade goodie box. You have to see it to believe it.




No comments:

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker