Sorry for the hiatus in posts. I have been more tired than usual lately and seem to be fighting a bug that's been going around. We got the blood test results from my early screen earlier this week and they said everything looks normal. Normal never sounded so good.
My nausea has opted to not go away just yet. I am getting short reprieves and sometimes the intensity isn't as fierce as it was which makes me think it's on it's way out. Keep your fingers crossed.
Our first major test of canine parenthood came this week as Hefner appears to be losing some of his puppy teeth. His little mouth has been bleeding. He is still eating which means he's not in that much pain but he hasn't been playing with anything except the semi frozen washcloth I've been giving him. Poor little guy.
Two months of nausea, fatigue, headaches and this new cold with accelerated mucus production thanks to the pregnancy is making me feel very unlike myself. My tolerance and patience seem to be a distant memory and I'm not handling stress very well. I know that depression and stress are not good for a pregnancy. I have changed so much of my daily routine to alleviate as much as I can but you can't control every outside force that comes along. Work evaluations are today and Monday and it's hard not to be nervous about those when you are pregnant. Is the employer sympathetic to my plight? Are they forgiving that my memory seems to have gone on vacation and some days I spend more time in the bathroom than at my desk? (not really but it feels that way sometimes) I've always been such an anal retentive perfectionist that it is proving hard for me to deal with my limitations of late. I'll adjust but for now it's making me unsettled.
I just read back through my post and my goodness that sounds depressing. Rest assured that I'm not huddled in a corner, mumbling incoherently and contemplating ways to off myself. I'm happy that we are having a baby and I know that eventually things will get back to normal. I need a project. It's too early to start on my nursery so Dawn (a friend who is due in March) better watch out because she is about to get an unexpected interior decorator. :-)
Next doctors appointment is Monday so wish us luck.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
We are planning on redoing our M. bathroom if you really need a project. :)
It will get better. Unfortunately the forgetfulness of pg doesn't go away with the 1st tm. And I am starting to wonder if i eve does go away after giving birth...
See, I can't even remember how to spell.
Post a Comment