This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The question of the Day is....

Isn't the 2nd Trimester supposed to be fun?

I kept hearing about this fabled 2nd trimester and how wonderful it is. Let's just say I haven't seen the softer side of it yet.

I took some advice from my friend Dawn and started making my pre-natal appointments on Monday mornings. This was the best thing. Instead of the usual hour-two hours it normally took I was in and out in 43 minutes. This includes waiting room time. FABULOUS! This month's appointment was also quick. Just checking my weight and the baby's heart rate. Everything looked good and was on track accept for this darn cold. I think my doctor was just a little miffed at me when I said I didn't want to take any medicine. She is very much a believer in the "why suffer when you don't have to" mentality. I succumbed to peer pressure and stayed home from work yesterday to try and get some rest. I ended up taking some medicine too and got the first uninterrupted sleep I've had in weeks.

I was looking at a pregnancy calendar that said I have 177 days to go. Gosh that sounds like a long time. I've only been pregnant for 15 weeks (as of tomorrow) and it already feels like forever.

1 comment:

Sarah B. said...

It will get better. It's not a magic switch that goes off at 13 weeks. LOL.

And, it will start going by very fast. SO enjoy it.

Glad all the tests look good. That's fantastic news.

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker