This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 25, 2008

The Power of the Mind and the Power of Prayer

I'm just a blogging fool this week aren't I?

I'm still sick but my mood is improving and I feel a bit more like myself today. I was able to get a small amount of uninterrupted sleep which has me believing that next week is the last week this cold is going to have me in it's dastardly clutches. I am a firm believer that the mind can affect the body and hopefully a more jovial disposition will assist with the healing process. I'm a Humes after all and we are nothing if not stubborn....er umm let's say driven. I can think of no better proof of this than the following story. My aunt has a friend whose daughter gave birth at 23 weeks. I have added a link to her blog over on the left. I have not been able to read the whole thing yet because I have to stop frequently to compose myself. Pregnancy hormones be darned. I don't know anyone who could see it without tearing up. The photographs are amazing and not only capture the miracle but the struggle that little Coy is having to endure. He obviously gets his strength from his parents because their level of belief and hope is inspirational and truly amazing. I believe in many things, one of which being the power of prayer so please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers. Coy is a fighter and can use all the support he can get.

No comments:

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker