This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 24, 2009

Always When You Try To Make Plans...

So I am on day seven of my new life with crutches routine. I should actually say my old life with crutches since they seem like old friends. I should have these things bronzed. I think this is the third time I've actually used this particular set. Well, no one can say that I have not gotten my monies worth out of them.

Several changes and wishes should occur thanks to my new state of uniped-ness. I fully expect that my Wii Fit age should drop thanks to my new ability to balance on one leg. I also expect that while I'm not able to work out my whole body, at least my arms are getting some benefit. I have had to lessen the number of times I express milk since I can not carry all my bags to the office. This is a good and bad thing. Good because I have managed to get everything in one backpack and bad because I am not able to exercise to make up for the decreased calorie burn. Oh well, that will work itself out in time so I am not worried. I just have so many things bouncing around in my head. No doubt it the the result of sitting still too long.

I was the perfect patient and kept off my ankle all week. I even stayed home from work thru Thursday in order to keep it elevated and iced. I have not seen much progress with the swelling but the pain has decreased. I am quite pleased about that as you can imagine.

Now for the news you really want:
Derek is as wonderful as ever. He is still teething but no new teeth have broken through yet. Occasionally he has some trouble with it that no medicine seems to be able to help. I hate to see tears roll down those little cheeks. At his 9 month appointment, they discovered he is anemic so he has to take an iron supplement 3 times a day. He knows it is coming now and will shut his mouth when you try to give it to him. I do not blame him one bit, it smells BAD.

No comments:

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker