This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

9 Months - Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone and Happy Nine Months Nubbin!

At this moment we are listening to some soothing tunes and I am watching Derek fall asleep in his swing behind me.

He is advancing so quickly in the mobility department. After he pulls up and walks around for a while (still holding onto something of course) he is letting go and standing for a moment or trying to take a step away from whatever he is holding on to. I would not be surprised if he is walking by July. I'm not rushing that though because I still haven't child proofed all the cabinets in the kitchen. YIKES! I know I know.

I have found myself really pondering the continuation of Derek's milk supply lately. In the beginning I had planned to only pump feed for three months. After I made it to six I thought, what the heck let's go for a year. It is a time consuming process that I do not mind in the least but now that Derek is more mobile and the summer travel opportunities are starting to pile up pump feeding is looking more and more unattractive. So after speaking with a friend I have tentatively decided to stop on my birthday in May. Derek will have had over 10 months of breast milk and I will be giving myself a measure of freedom.

Ah.....the little man is awake....to be continued

1 comment:

Laurie Rieger said...

Happy 9 Month, big D :) He's getting so big sooooo fast!! Much love to you guys!

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker