The last few days have been a whirlwind. Prior to our bad news on Sunday, Jason and I were quite happy about FINALLY finding a changing table and baskets for the nursery. It amazes me how adding the changing table really gave the room a "finished" look. Just a few more additions and I promise to post some pictures.
I was concerned over the weekend because I had to take some allergy medicine (an approved medicine I might add) and the baby barely moved for 48 hours. I tried not to be a worry wart, but when I went in for my appointment on Monday I mentioned it to the doctor and got a scolding for not calling in. Now my reticence about taking drugs doesn't sound so crazy does it?
I am happy to report that the baby seems to be back to normal and is moving around quite a bit. Jason actually felt the baby move for the first time last night. It was a great birthday present for him. I have to also commend Jason's brother Jeff for helping me out with our joint birthday gift for Jason. We got him a new bowling ball and since I know just as much about bowling gear as I do underwater basket weaving, Jeff really stepped up to the plate and took charge. Jason was so excited and it felt so great to see him so happy.
So back to Monday's appointment...
I got to take the infamous glucose test. I have to admit that it was not as heinous as I had heard. It did not taste bad at all and the only negative comment I can make about it is that it upset my required empty stomach a tad. According to the nurse they only call you if there is a problem so at this point no news is good news. They checked the baby's heart beat and my growth. Everything appears to be on track. Since I am now officially in my 3rd Trimester my appointment frequency goes from once a month to every two weeks now. That really does make you feel like you are in the home stretch. We have 13 weeks left.
I still have not attempted the pre-natal yoga class I was wanting to take. I'm not sure why I am intimidated all of a sudden, but my recent lack of flexibility has me wondering how I will do in there. I think I have had a few contractions so I'm trying to take it easy. I read that it is common to have them in the last trimester as your uterus prepares for it's big moment so I am not concerned. Nothing frequent or at regular intervals so it looks like we are still on for July 9th.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment