I was starting to feel like a bad godmother this week so after work yesterday I headed over to my friend Sarah's house to spend some quality time with Isabel. She is having some trouble with colic and I can admit to feeling terrible and helpless when nothing can be done to soothe her. I always feel a certain amount of pride when she is comfortable with me because I know she feels safe. I will never be as good as mom or grandma but I'll settle for being in the Top 5. :-)
While I was over there, Jacob (Sarah's 7 year old son) arrived at home. Something cute that Jacob started doing was numbering people when they had the same name. (i.e. Jason #1, Jason #2, etc) His biological father dated a girl named Dana for a while and he started calling her Dana #1. I immediately explained to him that I should be Dana #1 since I have known him for his whole life. After some convincing, I was awarded the title of Dana #1. This occured some time ago and I have been #1 ever since. So anyway, back to last night and the point of my story...
Dad's Dana (Dana #2) was brought up in the conversation and I was again reminding him why Mommy's Dana was so much better when he said..."Dana #2 gives gifts but you give magic." I told him that he was right and that magic was so much better than gifts even though I reminded him that I gifted also (and made a mental note to buy more memorable gifts in the future haha)
So I have sat here pondering the purpose of gifts and the meaning of magic and I am choosing to believe that magic is cooler since anyone can buy a gift.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Can I borrow some magic to get rid of Iz's colic?
Post a Comment