This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Party and the Difference

My original idea for Derek's 2nd Birthday party was to have it at Gymboree because he has such a good time there. Since Gymboree is more for the 4 and under crowd I felt the venue was not a good pick since we have a wide range of ages in our group of friends. My next thought was to have it in our backyard with pools and assorted water fun. Since the weather did not cooperate the party moved indoors and I think it actually turned out okay. The kids seemed to have fun and that's what counts.

Like most parents, I like to celebrate my child's birthday by looking at his pictures from birth until now. With a two year old's flairs of attitude (ha ha) it is sometimes hard to remember the sweet and amazing blessing that a child is. As I gaze at his pictures over the last two years I am just so grateful that we have such a beautiful and loving little boy.

I thought I would share some of my trip down memory lane with you.

No comments:

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker