This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 27, 2009

Bubble Boy No Longer


I get teased often about the fact that I am a tad overprotective of Derek. It's not for lack of wanting to go out and expose him to the world, it's just that with the world comes big bad germs. Since I had the week of Thanksgiving off I decided to suck it up and fill Derek's week with lots of fun sensory experiences.

#1 on Dana's list of fun things to do...The ICE exhibit at the Gaylord Texan hotel. For those that are not familiar: The exhibit is created by dozens of artisans from Harbin, China that craft the attraction out of nearly 2 million pounds of ice. It takes them nearly an entire month. Sounds remarkable doesn't it? Well let me assure you that it is. So amazing in fact that Derek (after screaming for five solid minutes when I tried to put a jacket on him before we entered the 9 degree tent) fell asleep before we even got to the second room.

Here is a small break in the screaming before he fell asleep on my chest.
Look Derek it's snowing!

Here he is asleep under his jacket, my personal jacket, my loaner parka
and a blanket. Very cozy for us both actually.
Did I mention it was 9 degrees in there? Brrrr


As much as I love the Grinch the Nativity scene took
my fogging breath away.



I was able to un-bundle him a bit for a picture
at the final ice sculpture.


Here we are hanging out at the Gaylord after our quick nap
(aka tour of the ICE exhibit)

Derek managed to stay awake the rest of the afternoon.
He took his first picture with Santa which I will post once
I can get our scanner to work or Jason comes home...
whichever comes first.

No comments:

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker