This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Two Blogs for the Price of One Visit

The opportunity to travel has been presenting itself lately and time after time I have come up with a decent list of excuses why I can not make it happen. The main reason being that I still pump feed Derek. (For those that don't know, Derek never latched well so I use a breast pump and then give the milk to D in a bottle)

Up until a short time ago I never had considered stopping. Sure it is awkward and uncomfortable at times but the benefits always outweighed any negatives. I even took my breast pump to Mexico with me. Trying to explain my breast pump to Mexican customs officials was a treat let me tell you. After several interesting pump "adventures" in Playa, I swore to myself that I wasn't going to take the pump on anymore trips.

The last two weeks have been wearing on me a bit. I feel a bit like a pack mule as I go to and from work. I carry my pump, a backpack with all my pump supplies and work files and my purse. I feel bad when the elevator is crowded and there I am taking up enough room for three people with all my bags.

It seems that there are a million things to do and no time to stop and pump six times a day. Derek also has made it challenging because he doesn't want to hang out in his saucer or pack-in-play for 15 minutes while I do it. Still I don't want to quit. I really want to make it to his 1st birthday.

So wish me luck and lots of stubborn determination.

No comments:

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker