This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 23, 2009

Parenthood

Every once in a while I get a bit sentimental about my life. Ever since giving birth to Derek this has been a more common occurrence. I look at him and my heart feels like it is going to burst. I hate to leave him and the sound of a snarfle at night has me glued to the video monitor like an elderly lady to a slot machine. I feel so blessed and I can not imagine what I did right to deserve this.


It is amazing how you look at things differently once you are a parent. Germs and safety hazards take on a whole new meaning. Derek took his first tentative crawls this weekend so Jason and decided that it was time to start child-proofing the house. I spent part of the weekend putting covers on all the outlets. I have not elected to take on the major task of child-proofing the cabinets yet, but I plan to do a few at a time over the next few weeks. Tonight we are lowering his crib mattress and my back is already screaming at me in protest. The cool convertible crib that turns into a bed sounded really great at the time but now I find myself wishing for a good old fashioned crib that has a side that goes down.

No comments:

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker