This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

Catching Up

I know I have failed miserably lately at keeping my blog up to date but I plan to make up for it with the next few posts.

I qualified for a trip to Mexico at work so Jason and I just spent 4 days in Playa del Carmen. It was our first trip away together since Derek was born and my first time being away from him overnight. I think I did okay. I missed him terribly but it was great to get away and get some much needed rest and relaxation. (A big thanks to Derek's grandmothers for making our getaway possible.)

We stayed at an All-Inclusive Resort the Riu Palace Riviera Maya which was very nice and went on a snorkeling excursion Saturday. The excursion included snorkeling in three locations: a cenote, a cave and the place where the underground river system meets the ocean. My favorite by far was the cave. With scuba gear you can follow the maze of tunnels three miles where it eventually meets the ocean.

Cenote: Diving Platform and Zip Line Mucho Fun


Cave Snorkeling

Cave Friends - So Cute

Coati- Mexican Raccoon

Snorkeling in the Cave

1 comment:

The Summers Family said...

That looks like a great trip!

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker