This blog will chronicle my various mental meanderings and our insane
quest to successfully raise a smaller version of us.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our Perinatal Appointment...We Have Fingers

Today we went to visit Dr. Albert for our first trimester screening. As mentioned previously, this is the test that checks for downs syndrome and trisomy 18 & 13. I will not have the complete results back for about a week but the NT test was normal and the baby looked good. Heartbeat was in the 150s.

Dr Albert had a hard time with the measurements at first because Baby Rieger refused to wake up and move into a position where the neck skin could be measured. This is definitely Jason's child. No amount of prodding seemed to work. I found this extremely amusing since it took me 15 minutes to wake Jason up this morning. The prodding upset my stomach but the doctor finally saw what he needed to see and we were on to check appendages. We have two arms with fingers, a defined nose and two legs. I didn't get to see individual toes but I have a great picture of the baby's hand.

Wish us luck on the second half of the test.

No comments:

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker